Our collection, use, disclosure, and processing of personal information about individuals will vary depending upon the circumstances. This privacy notice is intended to describe our overall privacy and data protection practices. In some cases, different or additional notices about our data collection and processing practices may be provided and apply to our processing of certain personal information.
Users may also provide us with other personal information when they contact us with questions, inquiries, complaints or suggestions. We also collect information about how Users use our Site and Services.
We also collect information about your use of our Services, including information about your transactions using your Card (such as transaction date, amount and location).
If you create an account, you agree that we may verify your name, address, phone number, and other account details with information about you held by third party or publicly available sources (such as identity verification providers, fraud prevention services, government registries and your mobile service provider) in order to verify your identity and help protect against potential fraud, such as when someone other than you is trying to use your account or conduct a transaction without your permission, and you provide your consent for them to disclose and/or compare your information for this purpose. Your personal information will not be shared with these third parties for any other purpose.
SECTION 1- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information; we collect in various ways, including:
- To provide, operate, and maintain the Platform.
- To improve, personalize, and expand the Platform.
- To understand and analyze how you use the Platform.
- To develop new applications, services, features, and functionality.
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for user service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Platform, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To send you emails.
- Find and prevent fraud.
SECTION 2- OUR COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally, we collect your personal information voluntarily. However, if you decline to provide certain personal information that is marked mandatory, you may not be able to access certain Services or we may be unable to fully respond to your inquiry.
Information we collect directly. We collect information that you provide to us, such as:
- when you provide your contact information and send other personal information to us;
- when you complete or submit a form through Cryptocurrencies.Global, for example, “Contact Us” or “More Information” forms;
- When you sign up for a user account.
What Is Personal Data?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the data alone or in conjunction with any other data in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of your personal data is governed by applicable privacy laws.
Which Personal Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal information from Users directly, through their interactions with the platform as described below.
We collect personal information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit or use our Site and platform, register for or use a Service, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on or through our platform. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, government ID information, and banking or account information.
SECTION 3- HOW WE USE COLLECTED INFORMATION:
Cryptocurrencies.Globalmay collect and use Users’ personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide Services: We use information in order to register Users for a Service, to provide and administer our Services and to resolve any issues relating to a Service.
- To process your onboarding for account usage (including to verify your identity).
- To respond to inquiries and provide and improve customer service: We use information to respond to a User’s inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. Information users provide helps us respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently
- To personalize user experience: We may use the information we collect to personalize a User’s experience when they visit or use the Platform or services. We may also use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the Platform and resources provided on our Site
- To improve our Site: We may use the information we collect, including feedback Users provide, to improve our Site and Services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: We use information to administer contests, promotions, surveys and other Site features.
- For marketing purposes: We may use personal information in order to better understand our User’s needs and preferences in order to provide them with information and offers that we believe may be of interest to them. We may provide information and offers by any means, including by e-mail, in-app notifications, push notifications, SMS and display advertising. Users may opt out of having their personal information used for these purposes by contacting us as described below.
- For research and analytics: We may use the information we collect to generate aggregate or de-identified data, which is not capable of identifying any particular User. We may use aggregate and de-identified data for any lawful purpose, including research and analytics.
- For our other reasonable business purposes: We may use information to detect and prevent fraud, for legal compliance purposes, to enforce our agreements with Users and to maintain business records. We may also use information for other purposes with User consent or as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information: We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Users’ personal information. Personal information is maintained on our servers or those of our service providers and is accessible to authorized employees, representatives and agents who require access in connection with their job responsibilities.
Your online access to certain of your personal information is protected with a password you select. We strongly recommend that you do not disclose your password to anyone. We will never ask you for your password in any unsolicited communication (such as letters, phone calls or email messages). If we learn of a breach, we will inform you and the appropriate authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
Sharing your Personal Information: We may disclose personal information to third parties (including outside of Canada) as necessary to provide the Services that a User has requested.
We may disclose personal information to third parties, such as identity verification providers, fraud prevention services, government agencies and mobile service providers, in order to verify your identity, contact information and account details, as described in the Personal Information We Collect section above.
We may disclose personal information in other circumstances with User consent or as permitted or required by law, including as required by foreign laws applicable to us, our affiliates and service providers.
We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Your Choices: You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below. Please note that your right to withdraw consent is subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. If you withdraw your consent, certain functionality of the Platform and Site may not be available to you and we may not be able to provide you with certain Services.
You may ask us to close your account by using the “Cancel Account” button in our mobile application. Please see the User Terms for additional information about account cancellation.
You may ask that we not use your personal information for marketing purposes by contacting us as described in the “Contacting us” section below or by using a unsubscribe feature found within our marketing communications, where applicable. Please note that if you ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may still see certain types of ads from us (for example, online), but these will not be tailored to your interests.
Children’s Privacy: Our Site is not directed to children under the age of sixteen and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of sixteen on our Platform and Site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received information from a visitor under the age of sixteen on our Site, we will delete the information from our records.
User Submitted Content: Users may be able to submit reviews, content and other information and materials that users have created through our Site and through third party social media platforms. ANY OPINIONS EXPRESSED IN ANY SUCH USER SUBMITTED CONTENT ARE SOLELY THOSE OF THE USERS THAT SUBMITTED THE CONTENT AND DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THE OPINIONS, POLICY OR POSITION OF CRYPTOCURRENCIES.GLOBAL. USERS ASSUME ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH SUCH CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY THIRD PARTY’S RELIANCE ON ITS QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY, OR ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION IN YOUR USER CONTENT THAT MAKES YOU OR OTHERS PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE. YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT CRYPTOCURRENCIES.GLOBAL HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY SUCH ACTIVITIES. YOU ALSO AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOUR USER CONTENT IS NOT SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY CRYPTOCURRENCIES.GLOBAL, AND YOU WILL NOT IMPLY THAT YOUR USER CONTENT IS IN ANY WAY SPONSORED OR ENDORSED BY CRYPTOCURRENCIES.GLOBAL.
Safeguarding Credit Card Information: We protect personal and credit card information in our possession or control from loss, theft, alteration and misuse. The safeguards employed by us to protect your personal information depend on the sensitivity, amount, distribution, format and storage of the personal information. Although technologies can make it easier for fraud to occur, we employ around-the-clock monitoring systems and controls to detect and prevent fraudulent activity. We also build fraud prevention measures into our due diligence processes and regularly update our fraud detection/prevention methods. While we take precautions to protect your personal information from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse, no system or security measure is completely secure. Any transmission of your personal information and credit card information is at your own risk and we expect that you will use appropriate measures to protect this information as well.
Retaining Your Personal Information: We will retain personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to perform the Services you have requested, protect our Platform and Site and related systems from fraud or other unlawful activity, meet our legal obligations, and protect and enforce our legal rights. If you withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information or cancel your account, we will no longer use or disclose your personal information to provide the Services, but we may retain your personal information as necessary for the purposes noted above.
Your continued use of the Platform and Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
1Rideau Street, Suite 700, Ottawa, K1N 8S7, Canada
+1 (613) 570-5754